Digital and Content Marketing Manager
Use your marketing skills to make an impact on the health of the planet and its protectors.
Who we Are
Park Doctor is a not-for-profit organisation that was formed by a group of doctors working in wilderness medicine in 2017. We are a start-up, aiming to improve the health and well being of people living in, working in and travelling to remote national parks in Africa and throughout the world.
By collaborating with responsible tourism organisations, we are able to use our medical knowledge and networks to directly support conservation including working with communities in the tranfrontier national parks, and supporting conservation game rangers throughout Africa.
In order to expand these efforts, we are looking to rapidly grow our influence in tourism, as well as grow our network of medical professionals, and therefore require a digital marketing manager to help establish and grow our brand and profile through key digital channels.
We value experience and are looking for someone who can initiate and manage the effective marketing of Park Doctor to grow the company and its reach. We are happy to be flexible regarding working hours and office hours for the right candidate.
As our Digital and Content Marketing Manager, you will develop, implement, track and optimise our digital marketing across all channels. This will include setting up and implementing content strategies across all social media domains. You will be responsible for the management and implementation of email campaigns. Website design and management, including maintenance of blog content, will form a further key area.
You will be able to select and performance manage freelancers and internal employees to build a reliable team and achieve targets. You will have experience managing a team and be prepared to work with little direct supervision. Conscientiousness and initiative is key. You will be open to occasionally filling in gaps with website or design work and flexible as to the medium of content you work on, depending on the company needs at the time.
You should also be passionate about the environment and excited about an opportunity to be part of a start-up working to protect the remote places of our planet. If you have an interest in or knowledge of medicine, that would be a bonus.
- Collaborate on developing a marketing strategy that aligns with company targets.
- Plan and execute all digital marketing, including SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, web and social media campaigns.
- Design, build and maintain our social media presence.
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals.
- Design and implement content marketing strategies.
- Develop and implement a content calendar.
- Deliver engaging content on a regular basis.
- Edit, proofread and improve content and other digital outputs.
- Optimise content considering SEO and Google Analytics
- Analyse web and social media metrics.
- Recruit and manage freelancers to produce deliverables
- Recruit and manage internal employees as the company grows
- Ensure a strong web presence
- Occasionally assist directly with basic web or design edits.
- Identify trends and insights, and optimise spend and performance based on the insights.
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies
- Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests
- Degree in marketing or a related field
- Proven work experience in digital marketing – 5+ years.
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing both internal and outsourced teams.
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Solid knowledge of web analytics and metrics
- Ability to optimise user funnels using Adwords and other methods
- Ability to multitask, manage projects and work under pressure
- Ability to work remotely, be self motivated and aware of deadlines
If you’re interested in applying as our Digital and Content Marketing Manager please fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you.
Alternatively, email an introductory note and your CV to vacancies (at) park.doctor.